Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Progress

I am happy to report that I was able to accomplish ALL of the goals I set for myself on Friday:

1. Sleep in, since I have been up by 6 for the last 19 days. That means I'll wake up around 5:30 and not be able to go back to sleep.
Done!  I slept until 8:30 both days.  Actually, I got up around 5:30 and let the dog out and then went back to sleep until 8:30 but I'm counting that as a win.
2. Go buy some fabric to make some bags for the Brown Eyed Man and some pillowcases I will give as gifts.
I actually got this done on Friday! 
3. Work on a crocheted baby blanket for a shower on the 18th.
I texted the father of this new baby girl to see what the color were for her bedroom.  "Pink camo".  Ugh.  You know we hunt and I wear plenty of camo when it's appropriate, but it's hard to make pink camo baby-ish.  So, I found some variegated yarn that will still look cute and be camo-ey.  The finished blanket will be something like this:
 I'm actually almost done with it.  I started the edge last night.
4. Clean my house.
I wouldn't say I scored a goal on this one, but it looks better than it did Friday night.
5. Do some yard work.
I had a lot of trimming to do and a little mowing.  Got that all done on Sunday morning before it got too hot.

So..now for this week.  I have 752,000 thank you notes to write from our event at the end of July.  I did 25 of them yesterday, prior to that I had about 15 done so I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 751,960 to go. 

I need to decide where the Brown Eyed Man and I should go with our two free airline tickets.  Anywhere that Alaska flies.  Where should we go?  I want to visit Berniece in Florida, but Brown Eyed Man wants to go to Washington D.C.  We've been do both places already.  Where should we go?

I had a suggestion on Life is Good's Blog to try Maryland.  I might be able to talk Brown Eyed Man into that since it's got some good history there.

That's it.  Two simple goals for the week.  What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment