Friday
I work with A LOT of men. That's the way construction is and that's the way I prefer it. Given the choice, I would always choose working with men or working with women. Every Friday at 7 a.m., we have a managers meeting. It's me and 12 guys. They try to keep it clean for me but sometimes they just can't help themselves and let me tell you, this morning was hilarious. It's that "had to be there" kind of funny so I can't really convey the humor. Kind of like when someone tells you their dream. Last night I dreamt that I was auditioning for a movie. I was terrible. They told me they were going to look for someone else and I said "I don't know why I even tried to do this, I hate public speaking". Later on we all went dirt biking together. So was that interesting to you? No. It was not.
Thursday
It snowed about 4 inches. The most snow we've had all year and probably the 3rd time it's snowed this winter. The Boy, The Girl and Clover went up into the woods to play in it and sled and build inappropriately proportioned snow people. I only saw two cars in the ditch on my way home, which is a record low.
This is my blue morning trip into the office. Looks like a scene from Fargo.
I went to Costco on my way home from work and renewed my disdain for other people. Why are people so oblivious to everyone around them? They stop right next to the food samples, which are always right at the end of an aisle and you can't get around them because they're feigning interest in the particular product their sampling as if they are actually going to trot on over to the freezer case to buy it. We all know you and your 4 kids are just sampling the food and you have no intention of buying the product!
Wednesday
Got an email at 6:45 a.m. that a gentleman that Brown Eyed Man had worked with has passed away. This was back in the early 80's when Brown Eyed Man was logging during the summers while he was in college. The gentleman's funeral was at 11 a.m. I left the office, went home and changed clothes and Brown Eyed Man and I high-tailed it down to Springfield just in time for the service. It was a small group of people and you could tell that most of them were wondering whether we were funeral crashers.
I know it's weird, but I LOVE funerals. It's not that I revel in the sadness. I just enjoy the process and the honor that is bestowed upon this person. I like when people get up and tell stories about the man. One lady told about how she made him cookies and how much he enjoyed them. She also spoke about the obvious love between the man and his wife. The man's daughter got up and talked about her life with him prior to her much younger brothers being born. It was so sweet and even though I didn't know them, I couldn't help but cry when they cried.
Brown Eyed Man looks like one big, tough, manly man. And he is, but deep inside is this squishy sentimental guy who has a hard time controlling his emotions under this type of situation. So he doesn't talk. He would like to stand up and tell about the man that he knew but he can't because he will be overcome with emotion and no one will understand him.
After the service, we went and spoke with the family and even though Brown Eyed Man hadn't seen the man for over 20 years, they all remembered him and they were thankful and touched that he had come. It was a good day.
Tuesday
I had some hearings to attend in the morning but on my way from my office to the Public Utility Commission building, I saw this:
Is that a sleeping dog? Nope. It's a dead coyote and it was in a very busy intersection. We aren't far from farm land here, but we're close enough to busy streets and residential areas that it's very odd to see a coyote. I saw a live one about two miles from this spot about a year ago.
I'm sure you think it's odd that I took a picture of a dead coyote, but it's really pretty normal considering it was all I could do to keep from going and picking it up and taking it home. Why? I have no idea. I held back and just took a picture from my car. He was beautiful though. His coat was so pretty. He would have looked good mounted.
Monday
The Girl came to my office on her way to the dentist and informed me that she plans to move to California in July. I now have a 4 month plan to do everything I can to make her realize why that is a stupid idea. Ugh. Kids! Why can't you just lock them in their room and make them stay there forever?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment