Thursday, November 29, 2012

Siriusly addicted

So, the Go-cart they gave me after a lady ran into me in my cute little Acura had satellite radio when I started driving it.  I loved it.  Then it went away.  I think we got it free for a year and just when it became a regular part of my day, it expired.  A few months later I happened to hit the Sirius button on accident and there it was again.  Again, I fell in love.  Again, Sirius abruptly left me.  A few weeks ago, the receptionist at our office called and told me that I was getting a free two week trial again!  It ends today...

A few nights ago, I found a show called Animal Intuition where people call in with a question about their pet (dog, cat, horse, you-name-it) and the pet psychic talks to their pets and find out what's going on.  A typical phone call goes like this:

Caller:  Well, I have this dog I got from a rescue place and he seems really sad and I just wondered if you can tell me what he's thinking?
Pet Psychic: Can you tell me who has been sick recently in your family?
C: Uhhhm, no one has been sick.
PP: Does someone have back pain?
C: Well, I do have back pain sometimes...
PP: Yes!  It's you, the dog is worried about you because of your back pain.  I'll just communicate to him that you're okay and they he doesn't need to worry about you.
C:  Uh...okay?

Seriously (no pun intended), I could be a pet psychic.  One lady called in to say her wiener dog would occasionally tense up her legs and just stand there looking like she's in pain.  So, Pet Psychic communicates with the dog and finds that the dog has leg cramps!  Imagine that.  She tenses up her legs and she has leg cramps.  Thank GOD you called the Psychic.  Take the damn dog to the vet!

Anyhoo, I'm going to miss my satellite radio and I'm too cheap to subscribe.  Even though I have no problem shopping for myself when I should be buying Christmas presents.

Now I'll go back to my podcasts.  So, if you have any podcast suggestions, I need them.  I listen to This American Life every week.  I love TED Talks,  I hate True Story because they are always lame, slightly made up sounding stories.  I have tried a couple of others whose names I can't remember because I hated the show hosts.  I've tried some health and nutrition podcasts but they aren't very engaging.

I also listen to books on CD or on Audible on my computer so if you have any book suggestions I can use those too.

I'm finally back in my office after 3 days gone so I need to get to working.

j

2 comments:

  1. I love my XM radio. I would give up a lot of things to have it for long car trips and the murder mystery shows on late at night (I will sit in my car in the driveway until my husband makes me come in)
    Don't even ask me how often I change the music stations to find the perfect song.
    My husband calls them every year when it expires and tortures them till he gets the previous years rate. And they give in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was D-Day. I went to start my car at about 5:50 this morning and I was all excited because it was still on, but when I got in after 6:00 it was gone.

      The thing I loved about the music was that you could hear songs that they NEVER play on the radio anymore. I liked to just scan and see what pops up.

      I need to look into getting it and trying your husband's approach.

      Delete