Monday, November 5, 2012

Itching...

At some point, while hunting (napping) last weekend, I managed to sit in some poison oak.  Let me state for the record that at no time was I naked in the forest.  I wore some thin cotton hunting pants and, after consulting my local poison oak expert (a guy I work with who gets it all the time), it seems as though you CAN get it through your pants.

So.  My butt is covered in poison oak.  I have scratched it so much that I have what feels like a piece of leather attached to each cheek.  I've used half a bottle of Tecnu trying to relieve the itching, but it's during the day at work when I really have a problem.  Last week, I found myself rubbing up against the window sill in my friend's office.

The itching is inside my legs.  Not just on the skin, but it feels like my bones are itching.  My husband won't touch me for fear of getting it himself.  I looked it up, it's not contagious.  He won't listen to me.  I'm dying here.  Right now, rather than getting anything done, I'm thinking about what I have nearby that can be used for scratching.  The edge of a ruler works really well but I really need the implement-to-skin contact.  Scratching through your pants does not work.

In other news, The Girl and I spent a few hours cutting up venison yesterday with our friends.  Since I'm not good at cutting roasts or backstraps or any of the good parts, I get to cut up the parts that will be made into burger.  The parts that are a huge pain in the neck to cut.  The Girl works at a meat shop and wrapped meat all summer long so she got that cush job.  When she ran out of things to wrap, I gave her the worst pieces of meat I had for revenge.

On Saturday, The Boy turned 24.  He spent it recovering from the previous night's festivities, a pre-birthday party.  I'm happy to state that I was the first person to call him on his birthday, but, thanks to Facebook, I was the third person to actually wish him a Happy Birthday.  The Girl's brown-nosing boyfriend beat me to it.  One demerit for him. 

Saturday afternoon/evening I watched Pitt getting ready to hand Notre Dame their first loss of the season and I had a party to get ready for and couldn't get into the shower until the third overtime finished and my heart was broken as those dang Irish won.  Then the Oregon game started and I stood in the bathroom blow-drying my hair while I watched them lead the 1st quarter.  I wasn't too concerned about the game,  I believed we would win.  It was on at the party I went to and it came close a few times.  Too close.  Luckily, it was a wine party.  I came in second place on both my white wine and my red.  On the plus side, I didn't do any shots, smoke any cigars, or drink any Cosmopolitans this year so I didn't feel like all my organs were shutting down in the morning.

A few weeks ago I finished my 30-day challenge of not drinking any alcohol.  Now I think I'm going to try coffee.  It was harder to drop the coffee than the wine.  I'm thinking I'll drop the wine again too.  It makes me want to snack.  I actually planned on doing a different 30-day challenge every 30 days, but I'm having a hard time coming up with the next one.  Here are a few of my ideas:
1. Walk the dog
2. Work on the Brown Eyed Man's business paperwork
3. Drink 150 ounces of water
4. Clean a room

I'm thinking No. 2, but I really really really hate his business paperwork.

j

No comments:

Post a Comment