After what seems like years but has only been months, The Brown-eyed Man agreed to let me get a puppy. He actually agreed to let me get a puppy a few weeks ago, but he wanted to choose the breed. Originally I was on board with this idea, but after some thought I decided that was no acceptable. I know labs. I love labs. To me, there is no reason to EVER get another type of dog. Brown-eyed Man wanted a coonhound. You heard me right - A COONHOUND. What?! Why?! He just wanted "something different". Again, why?
Hey - I was willing to be flexible. I offered to get a yellow lab this time rather than a black one. Apparently every yellow lab that Brown-eyed Man has ever met has been stupid so that was out. Neither of us wanted brown so we're back to black. You know what they say...
So here she is on the way home. Poor baby has no idea what will happen to her. She just had to leave her Momma and her three brothers. The Girl is texting about her already.
The next day on our way to Calvin & Berniece's House. She partied like a rockstar all morning and can hardly stay away on the ten mile drive.
Got to B&T's and played like crazy with her new best friend Sasha. Sasha never really liked Daisy as I have mentioned previously. I was glad to see that she liked the Clover.
Back at home after a long hard day of meeting people, playing with three different dogs and taking about 252 trips outside because I kept thinking she was about to pee on something. She's lying on Daisy's blanket. This was Daisy's blanket when she was a puppy and it went with her everywhere, even to the vet on the day she died. It still makes me tear up. I haven't washed it because I didn't want to lose the Daisy smell. Maybe Clover was more comfortable with it because of the Daisy smell. I don't know. I still want Daisy back.
Happy Valentine's Day from Clover! She was my combo Birthday/Valentine's Day gift which I usually abhor but this year I made an exception. Combo gifts are so lame to me. I'm sorry my birthday is on Valentine's day but if it were on any other day of the year I would get a birthday gift and a Valentine's Day gift in the same year so I don't see the problem with getting me two gifts on one day.
Brown-eyed Man said this is all I get for the next 12 years. To which I replied, "A puppy every year for 12 years?! Wow, that's really nice but I don't think I want that many dogs. Don't you think that seems like too many? I guess if you insist." He claims he didn't mean it that way, but when you look into her little puppy face and smell her puppy breath you can't help but want one a year for 12 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment